“Informative and enjoyable day with Gerry McGovern, the most passionate and excitable advocate of user centred design in the world!”
Marc Snaith, a digital developer in local government, after our last workshop with Gerry.
Wedge was inspired to start work on this idea, and after many glasses of work, started talking to contacts around the web.
In September 2014, Brian and Wedge launched an independent intranet conference with lots of help and support from ‘the intranet community’. For two guys who had never met, it was a big undertaking. With 170+ souls in the room, the success of the conference proved that the UK needs an independent, vendor-agnostic, conference focused on improving the intranet right now.
Now in its fourth year Intranet Now remains the UK’s most practical, friendly, low cost intranet and communications conference. But we’re now the biggest as well, as we attract 200 people – around double what you expect to see at other intranet conferences.
Our fourth conference continues to evolve with our new World Café allowing even more learning and active participation. The day still fits in over 20 speakers with our short lightning talks enabling us to cover everything that is important in the world of intranets now. All this is made possible by the continued support of our sponsors and intranet and comms folk across the UK and beyond.
Intranet Now manifesto
A conference / unconference about intranets and the digital workplace that is:
- About the Intranet NOW – practical case studies, real experts, and advice;
- Serious about how the intranet serves its organisation;
- Concerned with engagement, collaboration, and communication;
- Not dominated by any one technology but illuminated by examples of good practice from many;
- A place to learn from others (sharing mistakes as well as successes);
- Curious and open to new ideas with room for experimental and left field ideas.
and has a good lunch, good wifi, and no dress code.