During the afternoon, the World Café lets you wander from table to table, talking to fellow delegates and our speakers about the topics raised in the morning’s presentations.
We will run four 12 minute table sessions, but you are welcome to join and leave tables at any time – it’s a World Café, an established group technique to help you find the right topics and people to talk to.
You will write notes directly on the table cloth for the next participants to add to!
The conference speakers each facilitate a table discussion, and we’ll zone the hall by theme so you can head in the general direction of you interests:
- Business value [blue]
- Designed for the user [cream]
- Employee productivity [pink]
- Improving intranets [lavendar].
You can stand and listen in, or sit down and really get involved with the conversation.
There will not be an official coffee break during the World Café, as you’re free to caffeinate yourself at any time.
During all this semi-structured informal conversation time, we will also run several workshops – in quiet rooms at the back. We will help you choose which workshop to attend at the registration desk in the morning.
We expect that you’ll end up attending one workshop, and two table sessions at least, and one ‘recap’ table session to summarise everything.
So, in summary:
- Around 19 topics to choose from, and a speaker (or two) will sit at each table
- A bell will ring after each table session to ask you to move to a new table
- The hall will be zoned by colour to show the four themes
- One workshop of your choice, led by our sponsors / speakers
- You’re free to join and leave a table at any time
- You’re free to hover around a table and see if the conversation is right for you