Have one or two things to talk about your intranet. Solutions are good, but problems are a lot of fun.
Maybe put together four or five slides.
Tell the story:
- set out the challange / problem;
- explain the impact of the problem (to the org and to people);
- showcase the approach you took to find / plan the solution (metrics, team members, processes);
- reveal the solution;
- discuss the implementation;
- express the impact and success;
- review any concerns, failures, or things you’d do differently.
If you’re wondering how you can possibly communicate effectively in just five, six, or seven minutes, check out this three minute video from Jonathan Phillips explaining how to write for mobile intranets.
Tell your story, share some heartache and some lessons.